Why Christmas Content Marketing Counts
Even if you feel like the Grinch, you should be embracing the power of Christmas content marketing. From campaigns to festive social posts, leveraging the season’s joy does much more than spread Christmas cheer. It can also engage your audience, boost online traffic, and win you some new business.
So, if you want to hit the ground running in January, kick-start your Christmas strategy now. Think of it as a post-Christmas gift to your team. No one wants to return to the office just to twiddle their thumbs!
Keep reading to shake away your inner Scrooge and learn how to start Christmas content marketing successfully.
The Benefits of Christmas Marketing
Christmas marketing isn’t just another goal to tick off. It has numerous benefits for your business. Here are the highlights:
- A personable touch. Releasing a Christmas campaign or a mere holiday message gives your brand a friendly look.
- Lead generation. You can use your Christmas content to collect customer data. For example, emails, sign-ups, or general feedback.
- Higher engagement. More people are on their devices during the Christmas break — so make the most of it! Frequent social posts or newsletters can quickly boost your social media and website traffic.
- Customer acquisition. If your Christmas content resonates well, it might drum up new customers or remind current clients to book for January work.
- Brand visibility. Being seen is always a good thing! And an Xmas campaign can help you stand out.
- The chance to have fun. Finally, Christmas marketing is about putting a smile on your audience’s face.
Have we persuaded you to get started? Here are some extra tips to ensure your Christmas content shines like the star on the Christmas tree.
1. Get Started Early
Statistics show that most marketers start to prepare Christmas content in October. Yes, this is early. But it gives you time to navigate any hiccups and ensure the content is gift-wrapped and ready for December first. Plus, you won’t have any last-minute rush (apart from present buying!)
2. Use Humour
Christmas is all about joy. So, don’t cut this from your content. Add humour and pop culture references to your campaign to make your audience smile. An emotional reaction is vital to a successful campaign.
3. Give Back
The holidays are the time for giving. Add value to your Christmas marketing by actually gifting your audience with something. It could be a few witty jokes, a free PDF, or an actual gift. This is a great way to ensure your audience remembers you and your expertise.
4. Use All Channels
Once you’ve formulated a Christmas, don’t simply send it out on one platform. Repurpose the content and spread the word. We’re talking via email, Instagram, Facebook, landing page, and other channels. Share it loud and proud for the best results!
5. Work With Professionals
The run-up to Christmas is a hectic period. If the thought of starting a Christmas campaign ruins the seasonal magic, don’t stress. This is where a professional design firm can help. From creating the content to scheduling the posts, you can rely on graphic designers and marketers to help you navigate the season.
Need Help? Santa’s Little Elves Are At Your Command…
Re:View Creative are here to tick the Christmas campaign off your wishlist. With a proactive approach and years of experience, we’re on hand to perfect your seasonal message. Our expertise covers graphic design, digital design, marketing strategy, brand consultancy, and full-service agency needs.
Want to give your clients more than a lump of coal? Get in touch today for Christmas marketing assistance.